The local contact is a member of CSCA, who:
- is very responsive to emails from our Project Development Officer (PDO) and Executive Council members
- maintains contact with other key figures in the chapter
- works with others to plan events, invite speakers
- reports expenses, requesting reimbursement (via receipts) from PDO
- understands limitations of resources.
The following are also assets:
- social media presence
- access to suitable rooms (hopefully at no charge) to hold events
- encouraging people to join, donate to CSCA.
This is what the CSCA can do for you, mostly through our Local Chapters Project.
- for duration of Local Chapters Project (2016-18): (up to) $500/event for two events per year (certain restrictions apply, more details upon request).
- This can be supplemented by donations. (Remember: all donations are tax-receiptable.)
- Video equipment provided by PDO
- Information / guidance on how to hold a local event
- Preparation of event pages on CSCA’s Facebook and web sites.
- Help with promotional posters, PowerPoint slides, Church bulletins.
- Provide funding for student mentoring meals (covering cost of a dinner for eight plus an honorarium for the scientist mentor).