Application is open to any full- or part-time, Canadian, post-secondary student who is a member of the CSCA (basic student membership is free).
- A Canadian citizen studying anywhere in the world, or
- Any student studying in Canada–regardless of citizenship.
Criteria considered will include:
- the preparedness of the student for attending the conference
- the reasons the student gives for their desire to attend the conference
- the student’s course load
- the student’s level of involvement with CSCA
- Students can either register for the conference now or wait until April to see whether they are accepted. (After March 15, the student admission rate increases from $62.50 to $75.)
- Apply with this online form.
- Students with winning entries, once selected, will
- register (if they haven’t already) and attend the conference,
- write and submit a short piece reflecting on the conference, or perhaps a specific part of it, emphasizing how they personally benefited in terms of their understanding of science-faith compatibility (500 – 1000 words, to potentially appear in our newsletter, etc.),
- submit one one or more photos (in which they can be recognized) documenting their attendance at the conference (e.g. at the front entrance, with a major speaker, etc.–this photo should be suitable for publication in our newsletter and/or website), and
- submit receipts for all expenses, which will be reimbursed with the scholarship funds after the report and photos are received (students must pay for everything in advance).
- All expense receipts, reports, photos will be due two weeks after the conference ends.
Exceptional reflection pieces may be selected to appear in the CSCA newsletter and/or on our website! (The student’s last name can be removed upon request, but we will publicize winner’s names and schools.)
- Can non-Canadians apply?
- Can non-science students apply?
- Are post-doctoral research fellows regarded as students? They are in some university systems.
- Do we have to pay for the conference and everything up-front?
- What if I am accepted for a scholarship but then cannot attend the conference? (e.g. missed flight)
- I am technically finishing my program in April. Can I still apply?
- I am a previous winner. Can I still apply?
- I don't qualify for the student conference price because I'm not a full-time student. Can I still apply for the scholarship?