Members of the Canadian Scientific and Christian Affiliation receive the following benefits:
- Membership in the American Scientific Affiliation (ASA, our American counterpart; every CSCA member is automatically an ASA member.)
- Access to our peer-reviewed journal, Perspectives on Science and Christian Faith
- Newsletters & Updates
- Possible access to grants and notice about calls for abstracts.
- Fellowship with Christians passionate about the sciences – particularly through the yearly conference, but also via Facebook and other social media groups and local chapters.
- Access to discipline-related working groups.
- Discounted rates on workshops, CSCA / ASA conferences, and other paid events. (Event frequency varies by local chapter.)
- Access to occasional member-only recordings, such as Philip Yancey’s talk for our 2022 Winter Symposium.
- Invitations to private, invite-only events and meals with speakers on science & faith–sometimes the food is covered as well. (Event frequency varies by local chapter.)
- Opportunity to engage with your local chapter leadership and help with events, choosing speakers, etc.
- For students (free membership), eligibility for CSCA scholarships (when applicable).
The CSCA shares resources with the American Scientific Affiliation. As a member, you will have access to the journal of the ASA/CSCA, Perspectives on Science & Christian Faith, and a quarterly Newsletter. The journal has become an outstanding forum for discussion of key issues at the interface of science and Christian thought, and includes reviews of the newest books and trends in science and religion. The Newsletter brings you news on the work of ASA and CSCA members, reports of activities, and other items of current interest. It also carries notices of ASA/CSCA members seeking employment and of positions open to Christians trained in science.
The spiritual and intellectual stimulation of joint ASA/CSCA meetings is a distinctive feature of the CSCA membership and is highly valued by those who participate. Members keep in contact with each other through various means, from Facebook and the Newsletter to annual meetings. CSCA members provide meaningful support to one another as they seek to tackle the pressing questions facing them at church, in their workplaces, and in the academy today.
Membership with the CSCA also provides networks globally, with partner organizations such as Christians in Science (CiS) in the UK.
Over the years, ASA/CSCA has administered on behalf of foundations a number of grants for speakers, course development, and other purposes related to a shared mission.
Local chapters of the ASA and CSCA are organized to hold meetings and to provide an interchange of ideas at the regional level.